8 Reasons to Choose Teak!
Teak is synonymous with luxury and timeless beauty, and it holds a well-earned place as the gold standard of wood furniture, flooring and decking. Its rich colour and lasting shine lend an air of refinement to any space. But apart from that, here are the other advantages of teak and all the reasons why you should consider it as the flooring option in your home!
1. It's Strong - it is a hardwood that is exceptionally strong, not only when compared to soft woods but also other timber in the hardwood range.
2. Aesthetic Appeal - Teak has a very attractive looking straight grain pattern coupled with a rich, deep-brown colour, and a smooth finish.
3. Durability - With proper care, Teak flooring and decking lasts for years, and in many cases over 100 years! AMAZING!
4. Natural Resistance to Termites and Insects - Teak has a natural oil content that resists termites, fungal stains and also repels most insects that can destroy wood.
5. Heat Moderation - it does not become too hot or too cold when exposed to the elements, making it perfect for underfloor heating.
6. Resists Rot and Decay - Teak has a very high density and does not rot or decay easily, thus is why it is so durable. Teak also has a natural resistance to several alkaline and acidic substances, hence it does not get spoiled or stained easily.
7. High Dimensional Stability - when properly dried and manufactured Teak does not warp or shrink too much. It retains its dimensions and is a stable material.
8. Moisture Resistance - good resistance to water and moisture unlike other words making it perfect for decking.